Department of Geology and Geophysics
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3115
B.S. Geology, Texas A&M University, 2009
Ph.D. Geology, Texas A&M University, 2017 (expected in Spring)
Geol 306 Lab – Sedimentology & Stratigraphy
Geol 440 Lab – Engineering Geology
Geol 491 Lab – Undergraduate Research
Geol 635 Lab – Engineering Geology (graduate course)
Geol 668 Lab – Clastic Sedimentology & Depositional Systems (graduate course)
One, applications of XRF in integrated studies for paleoenviroment, ocean paleoredox conditions, lithology trends, and petrophysics.
Two, applications of compositional data analysis and wavelet analysis to objectively analyze geologic data (like XRF data or well logs) for sequences boundaries, cyclicity and stratigraphic features. Also interested in applications of compositonal data analysis in geologic problems in general.
- Wehner, M., Gardner, R. D., Pope, M. C. and A. D. Donovan (2017). Eagle Ford Group comes to Big Bend: defining the allostratigraphic Eagle Ford and Austin groups in Big Bend National Park, Brewster County, Texas. GCAGS Journal, v. 6, (accepted).
- Donovan, A. D., Staerker, T. S., Gardner, R., Pope, M. C., Pramudito, A. and M. Wehner (2016). Findings from the Eagle Ford outcrops of west Texas and implications to the subsurface of south Texas. In Bryer, J. A. (ed.), The Eagle Ford Shale - A Renaissance in U. S. Oil Production. AAPG Memoir 110, p. 301-336.
- Donovan, A. D., Gardner, R. D., Pramudito, A., Staerker, T. S., Wehner, M., Corbett, M. J., Lundquist, J. J., Romero, A. M., Henry, L. C., Rotzien, J. R. and K. S. Boling (2015). Chronostratigraphic relationships of the Woodbine and Eagle Ford groups across Texas. GCAGS Journal, v. 4, p. 67-87.
- Raymond, A., Wehner, M. and S. H. Constanza (2014). Permineralized Alethopteris ambigua (Lesquereux) White: a medullosan with relatively long-lived leaves adapted for sunny habitats in mires and floodplains. Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology, v. 200, p. 82-96.
- Gardner, R. D., Pope, M. C., Wehner, M. P., and A. D. Donovan (2013). Comparative stratigraphy of the Eagle Ford Group strata in Lozier Canyon and Antonio Creek, Terrell County, Texas. GCAGS Journal, v. 2, p. 42-52.
- Amrouni, K. S., Pope, M. C., El-Hawat, A. S., Amer, A., Elbileikia, E. A., El-Bargathi, H. S., Obeidi, A. A., Shaltami, O. R., Mustafa, K. A. M., Al-Alwani, A. M. A., El-Jahmi, M. S. H. A., El-Ekhfifi, S. S. A. and M. P. Wehner (2016). Silicification in the Cyrenaican Miocene carbonate-evaporite sequence, NE Libya: origin, occurrence, facies and sea level relationship. GCAGS Transactions, v. 66, p. 29-38.
- Amin, S., Wehner, M., Heidari, Z. and M. Tice (2016). Rock classification in the Eagle Ford Shale through integration of petrophysical, geological, and geochemical characterization. SPWLA 57th Annual Logging Symposium, 25-29 June 2016, Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Amosu, A. and M. Wehner (2015). An angular unconformity between the Woodbine and Eagle Ford formations in Delta, Hunt, and Hopkins counties of the Eastern Texas Basin. GCAGS Transactions, v. 65, p. 781-797.
- Donovan, A. D., Staerker, S., Gardner, R., Pope, M. C. and M. Wehner (2015). Making outcrops relevant to the subsurface: learnings from the Eagle Ford outcrops of west Texas. Unconventional Resources Technology Conference, 21 July 2015, San Antonio, TX, URTeC 2154599/SPE 178595-MS.
- Wehner, M., Gardner, R., Tice, M. M., Pope, M. C., Donovan, A. D. and T. S. Staerker (2015). Anoxic, storm-dominated inner carbonate ramp deposition of Lower Eagle Ford Formation, west Texas. Unconventional Resources Technology Conference, 21 July 2015, San Antonio, TX, URTeC 2154667/SPE 178607-MS.
- Raymond, A., Slone, E. D. J., and M. Wehner (2013). Permineralized Alethopteris from the Kalo Formation and a simple method for distinguishing permineralized Alethopteris species. In S. G. Lucas et al (eds), The Carboniferous-Permian Transition. New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science Bulletin, v. 60, p. 338-342.